As a Bookkeeper you will need to maintain financial records, process accounts payable and
receivable by posting information to the Priority accounting system, manage invoices and tax
payments, reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy, oversee bank reconciliations on a
weekly basis and cash disbursements.
The position takes responsibility over the payroll process; preparing, analyzing, submitting,
recording and reporting the salary and related expenses.
Various tasks performed:
- Payments process:
- Recording A/P invoices and employees’ expenses
- Prepare and manage month end and mid-month payments
- End-of- the-month tasks:
- Preparation of accrued and prepaid expenses
- Fix assets module – add new purchases, calculation and recording of depreciation
- Review of monthly recording and reconciliation including paper works and bank reconciliation to insure correctness and completeness
- Calculate and record monthly revenue
- Prepare monthly cash flow planning, oversee and manage cash balances and
- requirements accordingly.
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirement
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts
- Maintain the Petty Cash Fund
- Prepare monthly payroll for both hourly and monthly employees
- Manage attendance process – update of new employees, terminations, leave, vacation, military reserve, etc.
- Calculate payroll provisions – vacation, 'havraa, etc.
- Calculate, report and pay employees tax withholding to the tax authorities
- Report monthly payments to social insurance companies
- Ongoing iteration with the insurance agency including preparation of the relevant forms for new hires and terminated employees.
- Manage the attendance system – pull reports, ongoing iteration with HR department and guidance of employees.